Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels @ Starlight

Spent Friday night at the Starlight Theater @ Swope Park watching the Touring version of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Its been pratically ages since we saw any musicals at all, probably none in the last 2-3 years, so we bought tickets to this event a few weeks back. Starlight's an outdoor theater where they will do touring musicals, rock concert and private events too, so we were expecting a nice nice watching this under the stars (hence the name!)


Basically, DRS a play/musical version of the movie with same title with Michael Caine and Steve Martin that came out a while back in 1988 i think, where these 2 con-men try to trick the women of the French Rivirera out of their cash...


All in all, a pretty entertaining night, I was skeptical on how the can convert a feature length movie into a musical, even when I knew the ending already, but I was pleasantly surprised with the plot, the singing/dancing and the ending! Yeesin's never watched the movie before, so I think she liked it even better than i did!


Weather was kind of iffy that night. With rain predicted off and on the the evening. Raining was probably the part that I couldn't arrange for the evening 4 weeks in advance when i bought tickets! In early June, you'd expect the nights to be in the low 80's and dry right? It felt more like early fall weather @ the low 60's, with clouds looming overhead ominously. So for that night, I'd either be a genius for picking a nice night, or the opposite for picking a bad weather night. Anyway, rain held out in just time time for the final bows, with the heavy drops picking up just when everyone was leaving for the night... I guess the weather listened to my instructions then!

1 comment:

Clarice said...

We went to see DRS on Sunday! And Steve can't stop his 'love me for my money' line since.