Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You gotta be kidding me ??!!


So, its been a while since I last posted. Today's short piece is about Credit Card Fraud. Unfortunately, someone decided to use my AMEX to make a few small purchases on the internet in the last week! I'm not sure how they got a hold of my credit card number but they apparently had a method to their madness!



Beginning on 8/12, looks like they charged small $1-$5 charges on internet sites, mainly membership fees to see if anyone would notice. Then came a few an order of Stamps.com software, probably so they can print stamps from the comfort of their own home... So, at least I know this thief is internet and semi-technology savvy.

Probably the one that puzzled me the most was an order on Columbiahouse DVD for like 6 DVD's. The puzzling part is they shipped the order to my place! Certainly not very savvy in that department! I do know that this person has varied interests in his/her movie watching though - Among the DVDs were Pursuit of Happyness, Freedom Writers, Happy Feet, Bobby, Norbit and Good Shepard. So, if I were to venture a guess, like dramas & has a family. Definitely NOT the movies that I would buy. I probably would fall asleep like 5 minutes into Freedom Writers...


So anyways, 1 week and multiple calls to AMEX and these online places later, i think I'm finally done with cleaning up the credit card mess that this person made! I'm still mad a this fella for making go through all this hassle of disputing his/her charges!!!





3 comments:

Nick 10 said...

OH no....hopefully your identity didn't get stolen. And you're right, what boring movies! The Good Sheppard?!? More like BAD sheppard if you asked me ;)

Clarice said...

Why not charge something more extravagant? Like a holiday for two to the Mediterranean or something. Hopefully you are all clear now! Norbit???

ebian said...

Hmm...if they bought the DVDs and it got sent to your house. Do you think if they purchase a cruise for 2, you will get the tickets too? :p I had that happened to me back in January, it was a $30 charge for some web subscription - bukan lucah punya.