Sunday, February 10, 2008

Denied! By a Charity....

Thought that we'd get a two-fer today via dropping off some old stuff (Clothes, shoes, electronics) at the local charity today. You know, Goodwill gets some stuff that they can reuse/resell for the homeless and needy, and I get rid of stuff thats sitting in my garage and a nice tax break as well. ....Or at least, that was the idea. Instead, Goodwill had other ideas.

They gladly took the clothes and the shoes, but DENIED to take my old computer monitor??!! I gotta say, I'm sure in the year 2008, the homeless and needy might have gotten a lot more sophisticated than pre-Y2K, but "your monitor is too old"!!??? Thats news to me! DENIED by a charity, that probably ranks as one of my more perpelxed moments of my life.... Oh Well, the monitor now goes into the trash, at least I tried to do the charitable thing....

No comments: