Wow! 3 months since our last post, i guess a post on our blog is LOONG overdue! What can i saw, Facebook has been so much easier to update our weekly/daily status. Blogging, somehow seems so 2005 any more... Oh well, maybe practice will make perfect, i'll try to keep posting more. On to summer, what have we been up to? Here's a few of our greatest hits so far!:
1. Spent 4 nights over in Club Med Sandpiper in early June. At Port St Lucie, FL, its the last Club Med left in the US that caters for Kids as well as adults. All inclusive, so food, drinks (booze), and most activities are covered until your stay. Got an awesome deal on our stay, there were running a last minute special, so we held out booking until 2 weeks before our departure date, and took advantage of the pricing! Priceless was the sailing, sunning, swimming, trapeezing (yes we did that!), partying, and tennis playing that we got to enjoy! Of course, a good deal didn't help either!
2. Few weeks after Club Med, visited Wonderscope Children's Museum in Shawnee. It was a nice day out, and Wonderscope was having a membership drive day, with local merchants sponsoring games, food and ice cream in the Wonderscope parking lot. Also, free entrance for that day to the Museum. Mostly the kids loved the ice cream! Jaz got a little too obsessed with the water toy here. Check out her look when we asked her to go... Inside the museum had tons of stuff for kids to play too! For her age though they had a toddler room, which she had a blast climbing in and out, up and down the play
3. Spent a busy part one of 4th of July visiting the Prairie Village Festival on Saturday morning. Tons and tons of stuff for kids to do. Donkey rides, Puppet shows, food stalls (like pasar pagi), petting zoo, etc. Jaz wasn't a big fan of the donkey's in the background, but was mesmerized with the puppet show, and had fun trying to touch/feed the goats in the petting zoo!
4. 4th of July part two, drove up with the Kinsella Clan to the Missouri Wine Festival in Excelsior Springs, MO. Not as big as some of the wine tasting shin-digs that we went to, and Excelsior Springs is like 1 hr drive from our place, but still had a few good tastings there! Dragged our kids along, but they had at least some things for the toddlers to play with while the parents sampled the wines... As you can tell from the picture, we had a GREAT time. :)
5. Discovered a fine restaurant/grocer in KC "Kim Long" that sells FRESHLY made Roast Duck and Roast Pork last week! Also, they carry an awesome and reasonably priced "Chap Fan" (you pick your own sides with rice) selection in their attached mini-restaurant. So defintely worth the 30 minute drive from Olathe to the Rivermarket!