Friday, February 17, 2006

Week 2: Part (1)

Day 14: MyKad @ Penang. The anticipation of having to deal with paperwork and bereauracy again is electrifying as we step into the building on Anson road in Penang. Our favorite anecdote is from my Penang uncle, describing how he didn't even recognize his own face on his Kad, even after multiple assurances from the photographer that everything was "Bagus" - ie, good. In truth, most MyKads did remotely resemble humans..., so we weren't very jazzed.
Maybe its the fact that its a weekday, or maybe its the fact that MyKads have a 10 RM fee now. The place was deserted. I mean as deserted as any government office can be!!! (ONLY 5 people in front of us. YES 5. We were BLOWN AWAY).

Day 15: Risk our lives to eat. The true test of how much you miss Malaysia (or rather Malaysian food is measured by how many lanes of highway you have to cross to eat it. For example, Hokkien mee is a 3 lane standard, followed by dodging motocyles and cars trying to order while driving through a gauntlet of vendors lining a 1 lane inner road. Coconut juice, on the other hand, I'll only cross 2 lanes at the most... On a more personal note, I've personally notched up 12 whole days of CCF for breakfast or dinner so far!

4 comments:

Clarice said...

please tell me it's not yeesin's on that MyKad! You better not eat CCF too much. If not, all yeesin's relative is going to say your face is white and round like CCF.

Anonymous said...

hey, is that the Famous Lady Fried Kueh Teow!!! I went there too. did u see the amount of Lard oil she uses??? i love the huge prawns..;)

ebian said...

sigh....I want CCF too, am hungry...!!!! Will need to go to Boston to get the half-malaysian food fix at "Penang".

Nick 10 said...

I think the Char Koay Teow Lynda's referring to is the Sister's one. I don't think Tze went there...but not too sure. I'm WAAAAY jealous and hungry!