Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Week 3: Genting & Teksi Sapu

Next location: Genting Highlands! Things have changed alot since I've visited Genting Highlands almost 10 years ago. Man! They've added so many new buildings and hotels, and rides...Got connections in Genting through my Uncle (good to be back where we have relatives in high places), so we managed to score pretty nice rooms up in First World Resort for less than 45 USD per night. Overall, its a really HUGE place, except they probably could have had a better paint job on the outside...
Went roaming around some of the indoor rides. I especially enjoyed playing bumper cars with my sis. I really really enjoyed seeing how high a little kid jumps out of his seat when I ram him with my combined weight of my car and myself!!! Yeesin & I also enjoyed the automated gondola ride around the Starbucks restaurant as well. Reminded us of how much more fun it was to get a Gondola ride in Italy (although it was freaking expensive to do so!) ...
More fun that ramming little kids with a bumper car is riding a teksi sapu down from Genting to KL! For only RM20 a person, YOU too can have the ride of your life down the mountain, where braking is only a suggestion, not a requirement! By the time we got to the cable-car station, all the buses where booked for the day! So some enterprising guys with unmarked taxi's (ie. teksi sapu) showed up and offered to get us to KL for 20 a head. 1/2 hour later, we got to KL Sentral waaay earlier than the bus that we were supposed to take!!! Man.. that Teksi-sapu guy sure could drive!

1 comment:

Nick 10 said...

Was the last time u were in Genting with the College Players??!? Awww I miss that trip :(