Sunday, May 14, 2006

Break out the Cycles

Saturday morning was pretty chilly, but with Elaine's Beau being out of town in Houston this weekend, we though that we'd do something together in town with her. Don't know how cycling came up, but we woke up early (10ish - REALLY EARLY for us) to find a local jogging/riding trail near Elaine's place, and just go biking... I loaded up the MDX with both our bikes at 11am, and off we went!

Fast forward about 1/2 later... We are deep into the trail, about 5 miles in, and I'm trying to take a picture of us with my camera phone while cycling at the same time! I defintely have lost my cycling license (Defined by the ability to cycle hands-free) since my high-school days! So the best I could do was to hang back and take a shot from a slighly "different" angle... 5 more miles later, we are tired and hungry, and slightly cold from the chilly wind.

Cycling is really fun until you get tired, your crotch hurts, and you are hungry for lunch. Then after that you wonder why you didn't slap an a motor on the bicyle and just cruise around the trail, asking those slowpokes who stand in between our lunch to get out of the way!!... But maybe then again, it defeats the purpose of the exercise... EVERYONE knows that exercise is so that we can EAT MORE!!! :)

3 comments:

ebian said...

How nice to spend a weekend outside. It has been pouring in NE the whole weekend, with a short window for some gardening... :p I did buy some yellow flowers for my yard.

ebian said...

HAPPY 30 BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday~~~~
Nice seeing you again ^^