Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Happy 3rd Anniversary !!!

Yes. Its been 3 years Yeesin & I have been married! It was today 3 years ago, that we said our vows during our Garden Wedding at the Overland Park Arboretum with our friends and family. I'd like to take a moment here to put down some thoughts on what these 3 years mean to me...

Our first year we found that sometimes love needs to be put to the test when I was diagnosed with Lymphoma barely 6 months after we were married. We had a rough time that year, but the help of friends and family, we made it! Our second year had me blessed with health, and gave us time to reflect the on more important things in life.
I don't believe that there's anything cooler in the world than silently lifting off hand-in-hand in a Hot Air Balloon on a crisp Sunday morning in Napa Valley! For this third year, we hope to carry on the great time that we have had, but not to forget the hard-times so that we can keep our lives in perspective...

So thanks my love, for:
(1) For being my hard-drive, helping me match names to faces, so that I don't mistakenly call my opposite neighbor Justin - by Steve, or Kevin, or Bob.
(2) For putting up with me leaving the clothes on the floor, leaving the cabinet doors open, forgetting to lift the toilet bowl lid, etc... (Basically living like a suburban barbarian)
(3) For being the voice of reason. She's why I don't blow 5k on a Plasma TV, or change a new car every year! Without her, we'd be broke. ;)
(4) For being my best friend & the love of my Life. For always hearing my opinions, sharing our secrets, my best friend to spend lazy summer evenings snuggling on our hammock in the backyard; For holding my hand, telling me that everything is going to be alright, my pillar of strengh when I needed someone the most.














So, baby... HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY!!!
You're still stuck with me... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two! Tze, nice recap there.. I also remember the lymphoma incident, scared the living crap out of me when YS told me. Cheers and here's to many more anniversaries to come... Gee, wonder if you can get my hubby to write a dedication to me ah?

Anonymous said...

aiyaya... so very romantic and touching!!! Yee Sin is such a good wife... heheheeh..:) I hope I learn patience with my hubby.....congrats to both of your on your anniversary. May you have many many many more happy and fun years...(where are the kids?!?!?!)hehehehehehehehehehe

ebian said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!

Clarice said...

She's a keeper.
So, time for any juniors?