Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'll make you banana pancakes

Taking inspiration from Jack Johnson's Banana Pancake song, I decided that a rainy Saturday morning was the best occasion to play cook for the morning, and *drumroll*... make Banana Pancakes! It was a serene but wet morning, with the pitter-patter of raindrops on my lawn. Benji kept me company in the kitchen, happily licking up my Banana mix splatters off the floor.

For the people that know me, I'm not the best cook in the world. Knowing that, I'm taking baby steps via using Target's Banana Pancake mix instead of trying to make pancakes from scratch. Perhaps as a sign that things to come, our 3 year old hand blender died a smoky death moments after I added all the mix into the mixing bowl. So needless to say, my first attempt at pancakes didn't turn out..*um* too spectacular... as the picture to the right will attest to.

Halfway through making the first batch, Yeesin decides to wake up and come down in her robes and see whats going on. So the bleary eyed master cook takes over the situation and does some damage control. 10 minutes later, 5 nice Banana Pancake medallions emerge from baking mix. Mmmmmm... They were as good as we imagined them. What happened to the first batch? I ate some of it, and Benj helped us finish the rest!

No comments: